Monday, March 15, 2010

Consumed By Addiction

In this piece I wanted to show how addiction hurts more than just the addict. I wanted to show how alcoholism can break a family apart. In this piece the father is drifting away from the mother and daughter and being consumed by this dark mass. The mother is gazing in the opposite direction and in a way fading also into her own depression. The little girl is clinging to her father's pinky and holding her mother's hand at the same time desperately trying to hold her family together. She is the only light because she is the only hope for the family. In this piece I experimented with design. My approach to this piece was inspired by the artist Chagall. I wanted to show how dark addiction can be through a more surreal way.

No comments:

Post a Comment