Sunday, March 7, 2010

Revering the Ancient Masters


This is influenced by the ancient designs from a land that is now called Turkey. To practice patience and master different media these designs are perfect for me. Starting in the Ottoman times (and even before that until now) these designs were used to ornament palaces, mosques, clothing, pottery etc. painted by masters of pigment making and painting. All hand painted all slightly different from each other becoming one perfect thing. I love going through them looking for new movements,motifs and combining different colors with the old ones. It gives me a sense of meditation and completeness.

Some of my classmates have seen me use the same idea in a very contemporary form of art in one of our classes last semester: The Munny project. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment